The Dallas Group of America, Inc. has provided quality adsorbent silicates to demanding industries such as the food, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries since 1973. We are committed to providing safe and effective products to our customers that meet and exceed recognized regulatory standards. MAGNESOL®, a synthetic magnesium silicate, is the world’s leading frying oil filtration medium for restaurant use. This unique product maintains oil quality, resulting in longer oil life, while producing consistent high-quality fried foods at lower cost. It has even been shown that filtering oil with MAGNESOL® actually improves the nutritional value of frying oil compared to unfiltered used frying oil and oil filtered through conventional diatomaceous earth filter aids.
To ensure that our products meet the various regulatory requirements around the world and to navigate the often confusing and complex regulatory environment, The Dallas Group stays at the leading edge of regulatory requirements for the production, distribution and use of its products, globally. Dallas retains the legal services of Keller & Heckman, a globally recognized law firm specializing in food regulatory matters, with offices in Brussels, Shanghai, Washington DC, and San Francisco to help keep abreast of these matters. Keller & Heckman provides expert assistance with food safety issues relating to the use of The Dallas Group’s products and provides our customers with advice and assurance that our products are safe and meet appropriate legal requirements. This is just one of the many value-added services that distinguishes The Dallas Group from the competition.
MAGNESOL® meets the guidelines/specifications as set by:
- the FAO / WHO Joint Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) 
- the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)
- the U.S. Food Chemicals Codex
- the Codex Alimentarius of the European Unions
- the United States, the European Union, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, China, Japan and over fifty other countries around the world
Synthetic magnesium silicate (CAS# 1343-88-0; INS number: 553(i)) is amorphous (i.e. contains no crystalline silicate) and is not to be equated with natural magnesium silicates such as talc or asbestos, which do contain crystalline silica.
MAGNESOL is completely removed from oil by the filtration process and does not remain in the frying oil or dissolve in oil.
The Dallas Group’s commitment to Food Safety is evidenced by:
- Implementation of HACCP-based Food Safety programs
- Staffing with Food Safety Specialists, including AIB-certified Food Defense Coordinators and a Certified Lead Auditor for the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management standard
- Building program to support SQF Certification at each production site
- Multiple certified SQF Practitioners at each production site
- Continuous education in food safety issues and monitoring of the ever-changing requirements of global regulatory requirements
- Food Safety training of all Dallas Group employees on a monthly basis
- Monthly internal audits of the Dallas Group’s Food Safety Program
- Traceability of all products, as well as the raw materials used in their manufacture
- Independent third-party annual audits
- Continuous improvements based on audit observations
- Robust Vendor Approval Program to ensure quality and safety of raw materials
- Only certified, potable drinking water is used in the manufacture of our products
- Halal Certifications through IFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutritional Council of America)
- Kosher Certifications through OU (Orthodox Union)
The Dallas Group’s laboratories are staffed with degreed chemists, engineers, and technicians performing more than 50,000 tests each year to ensure that all products and raw materials meet specifications for quality and purity. Selected staff routinely participate in the AOCS Approved Chemists Program and have been awarded Proficiency Program Winner status in AOCS’s NIOP Fats and Oils Program.
The Dallas Group is committed to providing value to its customers. We recognize that safe and effective products help make our customers profitable. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of excellence and as such, have developed the expertise and created the programs needed to manufacture the safest, purest, and highest quality filter aids in the world. Our customers purchase MAGNESOL® with the utmost confidence in its safety, purity, and performance.
 Perkins, E.G., and C. Lamboni, Magnesium Silicate Treatment of Dietary Heated Fats: Effect on Rat Liver Enzyme Activity, Lipids 33:683-687 (1998).
 FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) / WHO (World Health Organization) prepared at the 74th JECFA (2011) and published in FAO Monographs 11 (2011).